Casio Watches I Would Love to Own (Updated 2023)

Casio Watches I Would Love to Own

Hello Casio owners and lovers from around the world. I hope you are all well.

12/4/2023

As the title suggest, this is a list of Casio watches I would love to add to my humble collection. Some are vintage watches, whilst some of them may be recent. There may also be future Casio watches that I may want, so the list will grow to include these watches. 

Due to the ages of some of the watches, there is little information considering the functions of the watches to gather and report. I am also unsure of the year each watch was released and the cost of the said watch at that time. I do have some information about the watches, however this could prove to be inaccurate. If you have further knowledge of each watch, please leave the information in the comments section at the bottom and I will update the post asap.

Let me begin, in no particular order.


The first on the list is the beautiful and rare Casio AB-200. It is an analogue and digital watch. It also has a 20 name and number telephone memory capacity. It also has a stopwatch, alarm and hourly chime function. 


 The picture above show the gold version of the watch, with a white dial and again looks beautiful. The shape of the case of the AB-200 reminds me of the DBC-611 case' shape and style of which I am a fan.


The AB-200 is a rare Casio watch without doubt but some excellent examples can still be found on the market. However for a super clean example of the watch, you could expect to pay £250 plus depending on condition, if it has all the papers, box and instructions etc. There are on occasion, some really abused models come up for sale with a big price tag. Don't waste your money as parts to repair them are no longer available. If your going to invest in one, get a good one. Believe me, a decent watch will only appreciate over time and collectors are always on the look out for good investments.


In the time between posting this blog, I have sourced my very own Genuine Casio AB-200 Tele Memo watch. It is finished in Silver with the white dial and silver 5 minute markers. It is in excellent condition in every respect and it is fully functional. 


I am a very lucky collector with this watch. However, the following watches will also be near impossible to collect but, I will still try to find them.


Above is a picture of the very rare Casio AB-500. This watch has almost the same functions as the AB-200 but has a telephone memory of 50 entries. It is a lot smaller than the AB-200 and the case reminds me of the Casio AQ-321 watch, which is also another analogue and digital watch. Once again, I love this watch and would love one in my collection. The watch in the picture above is quite a rough example. However you can expect to pay more than £100 to buy it. Cleaner examples could cost around £200 plus, again depending on condition.


 Above is a picture of a AB-500 finished in gold. It is in perfect condition and, I would expect the asking price to be over £300 for such a clean example. Again the AB-500 watch range is highly collectable and appreciating quickly and availability in high demand from avid collectors like myself.


The legendary (to me at least), Casio CFX-200 Scientific Calculator Watch. Yes, you read correctly, a scientific calculator in a watch. Again, there is little information for this watch and therefore I cannot advise on the scientific functions on this watch. As you can see from the picture, all the functions written on the glass and button markings.


The CFX-200 can be found for sale quite easily, however a pristine example (as above) will cost around £500 to £1000 plus depending on condition etc. Again, a good example of this watch will only appreciate over time (pun intended) and have collectors flocking to buy. 


My next selection is another scientific calculator. This watch, model CFX-400, is very rare and highly collectable. This is another watch that I could find little information for. To find a CFX-400 in the above condition would set you back at least £600 and it's not perfect. The keypad has been replaced with an after market version as the original has been worn out. Another gorgeous watch that reminds me of the DBC-611 style case.


Another clean looking CFX-400, but again another after market keypad replacement. Whilst researching the limited information on this watch, recent new old stock (NOS) has become available for £2500 in the box with instructions. WOW...


Above is the super rare Casio DBX-100. This elusive watch is both a scheduler and data bank watch. The schedule calendar was 14 days with alarms and reminder notes. I have to say, this is a one of a kind watch and looks fantastic. The example above is quite tatty and scratched but would still command £300 to buy it. I have seen people buy many scrap DBX-100' and keep them for parts. The dot matrix screen is great feature and looks fantastic. I wish Casio would do a rerelease of this watch as it would sell out over night! Again, whilst researching the small amount of information I could find, was an "new old stock" fully boxed DBX-100 with papers. Rumours of that watch was that it sold for more than $15,000. How much of that is true, I don't know but finding a good one to invest in, is difficult to say the least.


The next watch on my Casio watch I would love to own is the very, very, very expensive GMW-B5000TVA. Costing anywhere in the region of  £1800 to £2500, if you are lucky enough to find one from an approved Casio retailer. Most Casio collectors (who had the spare cash), would have bought these very rare G-Shocks by the dozen, to sit on for profit and prosperity. Please remember this is a very special watch, with the credentials and price tag to prove!!


The watch is fitted with the module 3459 which is equipped with;
Tough Solar,
Blue Tooth,
Multi-Band 6 Atomic World Timing,
Screw Down Titanium Case, Back, Strap
&
20 Bar Water Resistance.



The strap on this watch, has a part number of S-1474DV and has (and I quote),  "A diamond like carbon coating with a titanium base. This coated material, is being used by NASA at the moment to protect robots in harsh/challenging environment's on robot's and sensitive electronics. This watch was designed for space travel in my humble opinion.


As you can see from the picture above, the back case is printed with every detail of this particular watch including a very rare serial number for each watch. The green arrow above, is pointing to the titanium strap part number. These strap's, seem impossible to find, anywhere!!


Another close up of the elusive GWM-B5000TVA. 
Would I have one, of course ( if the budge would allow). Will I buy one, a solid no. This is more of a Dizzy Rascal/Elon Musk watch. Too much money watch for my humble pockets.


 However, this particular module is also used in another special model of this watch.


Above is a picture of the mighty BD5000D-1ER. This watch also has the module 3459, the same as the TVA. 


The 1ER also has a screw down back, but this time it is stainless steel. The case and strap are also high grade stainless steel, which will last a lifetime.


As you can see, the 1ER has the same credentials (internally at least) as the TVA, with a price tag a little easier to swallow. This watch can still be bought from a reputable Casio dealer for around £350. Yes, it is not cheaper but watches don't come any tougher than this!!


The BD5000D-1ER is a great watch to add to any collection, especially a Casio collection. I personally love the watch and I want one very much. However, my pockets are empty at the moment. I can only dream for now!


Above is a picture of a Casio MQA-100G. This watch was released in 1986-87 and had a couple of variants, such as silver on silver indices. The G at the end of the model number denotes this is a gold watch with gold hour marker indices and was priced at £59.99. Quite expensive for 1986-87. The watch also has an alarm that is set using the small LCD date indicator, via two buttons on the other side. 


You can see one of the two buttons above. This watch is extremely rare to find in any kind of condition. The last working watch I witnessed at auction, the seller wanted £59 for the watch alone, the small LCD was extremely faded and it didn't have a strap. The beautiful example in the pictures would be worth around £180 plus to a serious Casio collector.  Luckily, the MQA-100G in the pictures is in my small and humble collection and I love it.
 

Well my friends, I hope you have enjoyed reading my Casio wanted list and hope you have learned a little about some cool retro watches that are worth investing in.

More coming soon!

Until I update this post, please take care!!

Casio Tribe 2023

11/06/2023




  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casio AB-200 Databank Watch (Module 321)

Casio AB-500 Data Bank Watch (Module 386)