Casio MQA-100G (Module 333)

 Casio MQA-100G 

3/2/2023


Hello Casio enthusiasts from around the World. I hope you are all well.


The watch above is an old Casio MQA-100G, from the mid to late 1980's. It is identified as an analogue and digital watch. The watch above is the actual watch I bought at auction tonight. I took a gamble on this watch, as it is not running and "only" requires a battery. It should arrive next week. I have hope the watch can be revived, to some of it's former glory and I look forward to working on it. As soon as it arrives, I will update you on the condition of the watch. I am trying to find a new battery to check the function of the watch.

The battery arrived shortly after I wrote this post and unfortunately the watch did not work. After closer inspection, I found that the old battery had leaked into the watch causing substantial damage. The leaked acid had travelled quite a distance in the watch destroying various components along the way.  The main PCB (printed circuit board) copper conductors were dissolved and beyond repair. I was very disappointed both with myself, the watch and the seller. However, the seller was The British Heart Foundation and I wasn't going to open a case against them for £10.  After the initial upset, I returned to the watch and gave it a clean which upset me even further. The case, glass and strap were in excellent condition which would have been a bonus, If the watch had worked.  I decided to put the watch away and tried to forget about it, that was until I found a donor watch many, many months later.....

If you wish to see how I got on please follow the link


Please join me to see what happens.

Until my next post, please take care.

3/2/2023

casiotribe.com 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casio AB-500 Data Bank Watch (Module 386)

Casio AB-200 Databank Watch (Module 321)

Casio Watches I Would Love to Own (Updated 2023)