Casio AE-1200WH-1AVEF (Casio Royale) (Module 3299)

 Casio AE-1200WH-1AVEF 

(Casio Royale)

(Module 3299) 

3/7/2023

Hello Casio watch lover's from around the world, I hope you are all well.


In this post I am going to be looking at my new AE-1200 watch I received as a Fathers Day present. I have always liked the AE-1200 and was very pleased to receive one as a present. 


 It is a good looking watch, but I already have plans to modify it in some way or another. There are literally hundreds of aftermarket mods available for the AE-1200 and my first modification is going to be to change the black bezel for the silver one I have recently bought.


I am looking forward to writing up the functions and the specifications of this watch as well as attempting a mod or two to spice it up!


As you can see, the watch battery should last 10 years and is water resistant to 100 metres. It is the world time watch and also has an illuminator light which when illuminated glows orange. 


The watch has a very clear display and is very easy to read both day and night. It is, as you would imagine, very comfortable on the wrist and easy to forget your wearing it. The watch has time zones for 29 Countries, a pre-set countdown timer, stop watch and five alarms which is very useful when switching time zones. 


The picture above of the rear case show's both the model of the watch and the module that is used on the inside. It clearly states that the watch is an AE-1200WH and that the module number is 3299 (also printed on the box). However, the watch has a function to check the actual module number and it doesn't match up.


The actual module (displayed on the watch above), is telling it is a 3198 module and not a 3299 as printed. I have seen this happen with this watch model with other owners, and they are also very confused.


A closer look at the picture of the 3198 displayed by the watch.


Ok guys, so the new strap has arrived and I am more than pleased with it as I bought it second hand from EBay. It came from a brand new AE-1200 that was changed for the new all metal straps and bezel models that are now available. I paid £12.75 for this strap including delivery. Although the new bezel looks like metal, it is simply painted plastic and very easily damaged. 


Both straps on view.


As you can see from the above picture, the bezel is actually painted plastic and easily damaged. There are also finger marks on the inside of the glass that will need to be removed before I insert the watch module.


To remove any contamination from the inside of the glass, I use masking tape which makes grease dust or hairs stick to it and removes them. 


You can now see the inside glass is contaminant free and ready to take the module. 


I firstly removed the black strap from my watch. I do this to make the watch easier to handle when removing the module. 


I then removed the back case, the module and the black faceplate from the black bezel, as can be seen above.


I then, very carefully installed the black faceplate and then the module.


I then refitted the back case to the silver watch, ensuring the case was level and that the rubber gasket was in the correct position. After screwing down the back case, I inspected it to make sure it was fully closed and flat, as can be seen above.


I then refitted the black plastic strap to the silver bezel.
And I am so very happy with the results, it looks awesome to me.


It may not be to everyone's taste, but I love it 
and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.


And that is it for today guy's, but please stay tuned for further updates on this watch as I will be going through the functions of the watch in a future update


Until then my fellow Casio enthusiasts, take care.

3/7/23

Casio Tribe 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casio AB-500 Data Bank Watch (Module 386)

Casio AB-200 Databank Watch (Module 321)

Casio Watches I Would Love to Own (Updated 2023)