Casio AB-200 Data Bank Watch Battery Change (Module 321)

Casio AB-200 Data Bank Watch Battery Change   (Module 321) 

Hello Casio lovers from around the world, I hope you are well.

As the title suggests, I will yet again be replacing the battery in the AB-200. To be fair, for an old watch it doesn't eat through batteries. It has actually been three years since I last changed the battery in this watch so I'm quiet happy with it's battery usage. To be honest though I did use a decent battery (Duracell) in the watch the last time I changed it, so I thought I would use the same battery again. 
The watch uses a LR1130 type cell, so I bought the Duracell brand and it cost £3.90.

Let me begin...


As you can see in the picture above, the LCD module is still keeping time, but the hands have stopped moving so it's time to change the battery.


First on all I placed the watch face down on a soft towel so the face didn't pick up any scratches...


With the new battery at hand it was time to start the replacement.


My first job was to remove the strap because I find it easier to work on the watch without the strap flapping about.


The next thing to do was to remove the five screws holding on the watch back. There should be six screws but I lost one the last time I changed the battery.


With the screws removed I can now access the battery.


With the back of the watch removed, I quickly unclipped the battery ready to extract it...


You can see in the picture above that I have removed the battery.


With the old battery out of the way, I could insert the new battery and clip it in as can been seen in the picture above.


With the new battery safely clipped in place, I replaced the back and screwed it down with the five screws, being careful not to cross thread them.


Now that the battery is replaced and the back screwed down, I was able to set the time on both the hands and the LCD module.


With the time set on both the analogue and digital parts of the watch, I started to replace the strap.


Strap replacement complete.


With the watch fully reassembled, I gave the case a polish with a soft cloth and placed it back on it's holder ready to go back into my humble collection.


As you can see from the picture above the watch is again placed into the safety of it's display case where it will stay until it's next battery replacement!!

Now All I need to do is change the batteries of my AB-500 and my MQA-100G. I have already changed the battery of the AQ 450G but I forgot to take any pictures...doh!!


My AQ-450G after the battery replacement.

And that my friends is the end of this very short post on the battery installation of the Casio AB-200. Please join me again very soon for more Casio watch content.
In the meantime please take care and continue to enjoy the rest of my posts.

Casio Tribe 2026.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Casio Watch F-91W Battery Change (Module 593)

Casio AB-200 Databank Watch (Module 321)

Casio AB-500 Data Bank Watch (Module 386)